Re: Centering a table with FOP

  • narinder_g
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2002
      Hi Oleg,
      I have tried this, But when the table is long, again there is text
      overflow.
      Narinder

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
      > Richard Sweeney wrote:
      > > Can it be done?
      > At the moment the only way is to include your table into another
      blind
      > table:
      > <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
      > <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
      > <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(3)"/>
      > <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
      > <fo:table-body>
      > <fo:table-row>
      > <fo:table-cell/>
      > <fo:table-cell text-align="center">
      > ... table to be centered ...
      > </fo:table-cell>
      > <fo:table-cell/>
      > </fo:table-row>
      > </fo:table-body>
      > </fo:table>
      >
      > --
      > Oleg Tkachenko
      > eXperanto team
      > Multiconn International, Israel
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2002
        narinder_g wrote:

        > I have tried this, But when the table is long, again there is text
        > overflow.
        What do you mean? I thought you are talking about centering the table, but
        overflow is different problem. Try to turn on hyphenation on table cells, it
        could help.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2002
          hi Oleg,
          What i meant was, as if the inner table is longer than the page, then
          the outer table's row does not break at the end of the page. And the
          contents crosses the bottom margin of the page.
          Hoping its clear now.
          Thanks, Have a nice day :)