Re: [XSL-FO] Formatting Objects considered harmful (Was: Using an XSL Formatt...

  • Ed Nixon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2001
      At 05:46 PM 19/02/2001 -0500, AndrewWatt2001@... wrote:
      I was unimpressed by your opinion piece the first time I read it and spotted
      >the errors in it. I see no reason, so far, to change my view.

      Andrew, I can't say I've been as riveted to this exchange as I could have
      been (say, the first time around 6 or 12 months ago) but I don't recall
      your itemizing the errors or proposing alternative views. If I missed your
      reasoned response, I'd be grateful if you could review it quickly for me
      either via the list or off-line.

      On the other hand if you are still reacting to the remark about smoking...
      whatever that came in Hakon's first response to your (rather dated) item on
      Antenna House, it may have been an attempt at humour that didn't make it
      across the Atlantic Ocean or the idiomatic gap between Scandinavian and
      North American versions of English. No need for prolonged heat and smoke

      Finally, if there is some other antecedent reason for the smoke, I'd
      suggest it be taken off line and buried somewhere in the bit bucket.

      Regards. ...edN