Re: [XSL-FO] Truncating text in table cell

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
      At 2002-10-07 10:03 +0000, Colin Spear wrote:
      >I have a document which includes a table cell that could sometimes
      >include more data than could fit on one line. If I set the wrap-
      >option to false the text runs over to the cell next to it. I want
      >this text to simply be cut off, no ceremony.

      I put the block into a <block-container>, which by itself doesn't prevent
      the text from running over to the next cell ... but when I turn on
      overflow="hidden" on the <block-container>, I get the behaviour you are
      looking for:

      <block-container overflow="hidden">
      <block wrap-option="no-wrap">This is a block with
      wrap turned off.</block>
      </block-container>

      I hope this helps.

      ................. Ken

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-02-03,06,03-03,06
    • Colin Spear
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2002
        Thanks for the pointers Ken, its makes the most sense out of all the
        suggestions I got, the problem I have encountered now is: Everything I put
        in a block-container is not visible on the page, no matter what settings I
        use. Even if I remove all the attributes the block inside the
        block-container is not visible. I am using FOP.

        So you have any suggestions on this one?

        <http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2002
          At 2002-10-09 14:46 +0200, you wrote:
          >the problem I have encountered now is: Everything I put
          >in a block-container is not visible on the page, no matter what settings I
          >use. Even if I remove all the attributes the block inside the
          >block-container is not visible. I am using FOP.
          >
          >So you have any suggestions on this one?

          Sorry, no ... I tested mine with Antenna House and got the desired
          behaviour before making my suggestion to you. I suspect it will also work
          with XEP 3 based on what I've read about the latest version they've released.

          .............. Ken

          ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
          ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
          Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-02-03,06,03-03,06
        • Oleg Tkachenko
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2002
            Colin Spear wrote:
            > Thanks for the pointers Ken, its makes the most sense out of all the
            > suggestions I got, the problem I have encountered now is: Everything I put
            > in a block-container is not visible on the page, no matter what settings I
            > use. Even if I remove all the attributes the block inside the
            > block-container is not visible. I am using FOP.
            >
            > So you have any suggestions on this one?
            afaik unfortunately overflow property is not implemented in fop, so I believe
            there is no way to get hidden overflow except for truncating cell text at xslt
            stage, what seems to be not a good solution :(

            --
            Oleg Tkachenko
            eXperanto team