Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Page numbers in TOC

Expand Messages
  • jasontimmermans
    K, well, i searched through what was available, and it still doesn t solve my problem (it s probably something easy i am missing here!). I am making a TOC, and
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      K, well, i searched through what was available, and it still doesn't
      solve my problem (it's probably something easy i am missing here!).

      I am making a TOC, and i want the page numbers for each item to come
      up. Everything works great right now, except where there is supposed
      to be a page number there is simply ***. What is going on wrong?

      <xsl:for-each select="screen">
      <!-- there is other code in here, like blocks.. -->
      <!-- everything displays fine, just need to get the page numbers! -->

      <xsl:value-of select="@label"/>
      <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"/>
      <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{generate-id()}"/>
      </xsl:for-each>

      This simple generates a *** in place of the page number. What am I
      doing wrong here.

      BTW, my source looks like this.

      <root>
      <screen>
      stuff inside screen
      </screen>

      <screen>
      another screen.. lots more stuff in here.
      </screen>
      </root>

      When making the rest of the document the page numbers print correctly
      simply using <fo:page-number/>

      Thanks.
    • G. Ken Holman
      ... You do not have any areas with the id= that your ref-id= value is pointing to. I hope this helps. ............ Ken -- G. Ken Holman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        At 2002-10-02 14:52 +0000, jasontimmermans wrote:
        >I am making a TOC, and i want the page numbers for each item to come
        >up. Everything works great right now, except where there is supposed
        >to be a page number there is simply ***. What is going on wrong?

        You do not have any areas with the id="" that your ref-id="" value
        is pointing to.

        I hope this helps.

        ............ Ken

        --
        G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@...
        Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
        Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-10-1 Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-03-03,06
      • jasontimmermans
        k, so where and how do i set those id s. I figure i set them somewhere also with a generate-id correct? and if so, where do i do that generation.. my ordering
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          k, so where and how do i set those id's. I figure i set them
          somewhere also with a generate-id correct? and if so, where do i do
          that generation..

          my ordering goes..

          make cover make
          make toc
          make rest of document

          during the making of the rest of document would be where the page
          numbers are determined, should i put the generation of id's somewhere
          within the for-each screen loop (from the main section, not from the
          toc section) or elsewhere.

          And exactly what is the command i would need to do, right now i have
          tried

          <xsl:for-each select="screen">
          <fo:basic-link internal-destination="{generate-id(.)}"/>
          and tried
          <fo:initial-property-set id="{generate-id(.)}"/>
          as well
          ... all the other display code here.
          </xsl:for-each>

          --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
          > At 2002-10-02 14:52 +0000, jasontimmermans wrote:
          > >I am making a TOC, and i want the page numbers for each item to
          come
          > >up. Everything works great right now, except where there is
          supposed
          > >to be a page number there is simply ***. What is going on wrong?
          >
          > You do not have any areas with the id="" that your ref-id="" value
          > is pointing to.
          >
          > I hope this helps.
          >
          > ............ Ken
          >
          > --
          > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
          > Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
          > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
          > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
          > ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
          > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
          > ISBN 1-894049-10-1 Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
          > Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-03-03,06
        • jasontimmermans
          all figured out, just had to add the id tag in the right place. Thanks for your quick respose! ... somewhere ... the ... have ... value
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            all figured out, just had to add the id tag in the right place.

            Thanks for your quick respose!

            --- In XSL-FO@y..., "jasontimmermans" <jasontimmermans@y...> wrote:
            > k, so where and how do i set those id's. I figure i set them
            > somewhere also with a generate-id correct? and if so, where do i do
            > that generation..
            >
            > my ordering goes..
            >
            > make cover make
            > make toc
            > make rest of document
            >
            > during the making of the rest of document would be where the page
            > numbers are determined, should i put the generation of id's
            somewhere
            > within the for-each screen loop (from the main section, not from
            the
            > toc section) or elsewhere.
            >
            > And exactly what is the command i would need to do, right now i
            have
            > tried
            >
            > <xsl:for-each select="screen">
            > <fo:basic-link internal-destination="{generate-id(.)}"/>
            > and tried
            > <fo:initial-property-set id="{generate-id(.)}"/>
            > as well
            > ... all the other display code here.
            > </xsl:for-each>
            >
            > --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
            > > At 2002-10-02 14:52 +0000, jasontimmermans wrote:
            > > >I am making a TOC, and i want the page numbers for each item to
            > come
            > > >up. Everything works great right now, except where there is
            > supposed
            > > >to be a page number there is simply ***. What is going on wrong?
            > >
            > > You do not have any areas with the id="" that your ref-id=""
            value
            > > is pointing to.
            > >
            > > I hope this helps.
            > >
            > > ............ Ken
            > >
            > > --
            > > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
            > > Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
            > > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
            > > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
            > > ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
            > > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
            > > ISBN 1-894049-10-1 Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
            > > Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-03-03,06
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.