Re: [XSL-FO] repeatable-page-master-alternatives

  • Douglas Lovell
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2002
      You must ensure that one of the conditions will hold true. Otherwise it is
      an error. I don't believe the recommendation specifies the recovery
      behavior. That may be implementation dependent. The recommendation
      suggests that you supply a last condition of the
      repeatable-page-master-alternatives that always evaluates to true. That
      is, you explicitly designate the fallback behavior.

      With power comes responsibility.

      Douglas Lovell
      XML/XSL Transformational Systems
      IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
      dcl@...
      914-784-7298 (t/l 863)

      "Cyberthymia"
      <cyberthymia@yaho To: <XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com>
      o.co.uk> cc:
      Subject: [XSL-FO] repeatable-page-master-alternatives
      09/17/2002 05:38
      AM
      Please respond to
      XSL-FO

      Hi

      Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find the answer in the FO spec, or
      on
      Dave Pawson's FAQ site.

      What happens if none of the conditions specified in the
      repeatable-page-master-alternatives get chosen yet the maximum-repeats
      hasn't yet been reached?

      For example:

      <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives maximum-repeats="10">
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first" .../>
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="odd" .../>

      Does one of the conditions get chosen as a default, or are totally blank
      pages inserted until one of the conditions can get satisfied, or should the
      repeatable-page-master-alternative get broken out of and carry on with next
      page from the page-sequence-master get chosen, or is an error raised and
      every thing is stopped?

      Thanks for any help,
      Richard