Re: [XSL-FO] missing white space and a strange relationship to the ampersand

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
      At 2002-09-10 10:21 +1000, Omilian, Alex wrote:
      > I need to preserve the original formatting so I render this data in a
      >mono-space font, which works fine 90% of the time as follows:
      ><xsl:preserve-space elements="components1 components2 components3
      >components4 components5 components6 components7 components8
      >components9 components10 components11 components12" />

      This is preserving the space in the XSL-FO file but the processor is still
      acting on the space.

      >Anyone got a suggestion?

      Check on page 27 of the free download of the preview excerpt of our
      electronic book "Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO" (follow the top "Book
      Sales" link on the home page noted below). You'll see I use:

      <block linefeed-treatment="preserve" white-space-collapse="false"
      white-space-treatment="preserve" font-family="Courier">

      There is also the white-space= shorthand, but a processor is not obliged to
      support shorthand properties. When you find it in the property annex on
      page 195, you can click on the properties and be guided to their individual
      descriptions, or to the spec itself in a browser window. In this way you
      can use the free preview excerpt as a way of navigating the actual
      Recommendation document.

      For those with the entire book page 91 is titled "Preserving white space".

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on in-depth Europe: Sep 18-Sep 20,2002
      XSLT/XPath and XSL-FO North America: Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
      articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-09-11,13,18,19,30,10-03,12-08