Keep-together problems

  • smurphy999us
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2002
      We're having problems with the keep-together attribute. We have a
      header label, horizontal line, and a table with detail lines. We need
      to keep them together on one page. The keep-with-next attribute is
      working within the table, but doesn't keep the table with the other
      two pieces. We tried putting an <fo:block> around all 3 pieces and
      using keep-together=page and keep-together.within-page=always, but
      neither works.

      Thanks
      Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
        >We're having problems with the keep-together attribute. We have a
        >header label, horizontal line, and a table with detail lines. We need
        >to keep them together on one page. The keep-with-next attribute is
        >working within the table, but doesn't keep the table with the other
        >two pieces. We tried putting an <fo:block> around all 3 pieces and
        >using keep-together=page and keep-together.within-page=always, but
        >neither works.

        What XSL-FO implementation are you using? In FOP, keeps are only implemented
        on table rows. If you are using FOP, then you could try making the header
        label into a table header with the horizontal line becoming the bottom
        border of the table header row.