ANN: XEP 2.77 for XML Spy available

  • David Tolpin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hello,

      RenderX, inc. and xAttc, Inc. signed an agreement on
      distribution by xAttic of RenderX software. RenderX authorizes
      xAttic to issue licenses for RenderX software. RenderX will
      provide support and maintenance for RenderX software licensed
      from xAttic according to the licensing terms.

      RenderX XEP version 2.77 for XML Spy 4.4 is available from
      xAttic, Inc. via Internet shop at

      http://shop.xattic.com/

      XEP for XML Spy 4.4 is XEP configured to run as external XSL
      FO formatter in XML Spy (invoked by "XSL:FO transformation"
      command).

      Two versions are available: a fully enabled distribution
      with Postscript and PDF backends and a stamped (with a stamp
      on each page similar to one put by the evaluation version)
      distribution with PDF backend.

      The distributions are accompanied by extensive documentation
      explaining usage, features and limitation of the packages. To
      summarize, the version provides the same rendering capabilities
      as the evaluation version and the full package with the
      following exceptions:

      - to ensure compatibility of this version with all Java
      platforms including Microsoft Java, we excluded SVG support
      from XEP for XML Spy;

      - DTD validation is turned off. We encourage users to check
      their stylesheets and validate their FO files against XSL FO
      DTD supplied with XML Spy 4.4 and available from our site.

      The software is priced very reasonably in order to make an
      affordable formatting solution available to as many users
      as possible.

      David Tolpin
      RenderX