ANN: XEP Version 3 Web Preview
a web preview of the coming (soon!) new major release of RenderX XSL FO Formatting Engine, XEP (http://www.renderx.com/FO2PDF.html) is available
The web page both contains a set of nice FO examples and lets visitors try and
format their own .FO files.
The new features implemented and illustrated include:
- full implementation of fo:block-container, including
- reference-orientation and
- side floats (float="left|right|start|end|inside|outside"); testris.fo is a really cool example;
- span="all" along with a useful extension rx:flow-section
- support for right-to-left writing mode and bidirectionality
- automatic indices (an extension, a very useful one, asked for by many users)
Visit "Read Me" and "New Features" list for more information.
All examples are rendered live; user samples are rendered too :-).
PS: It is running on a relatively slow machine with limited memory. I hope
it will bear the load since memory and performance improvements are also quite
significant. Well, I hope.