Re: [XSL-FO] Re: (newbie) centering a table on the page

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
      At 2002-08-16 04:46 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
      >Yeah it does not work with any tool.

      Because it is not supposed to work with any tool, and should never work
      with any tool because it is not part of the Recommendation to work that way.

      >Check this out
      >http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/N8922.html.

      There are two entries regarding centring a table, numbers 4 and 13 (Dave,
      could these be placed next to each other in the FAQ so that people don't
      stop at the first and neglect to look for the second? Only the second can
      be used for an auto-width table, and visitors may not think to look further
      down the page after finding the first).

      >--- In XSL-FO@y..., "GlenMazza" <glenmazza@y...> wrote:
      > > That doesn't work--it only centers text within the cells of the
      > > tables, but will not center the table itself.
      > >

      > > --- In XSL-FO@y..., m.schaeffler@g... wrote:
      > > > put your table in a fo:block and center this block with text-
      > > align="center".

      I didn't want to leave the impression with the readers that this is a tool
      issue ... the Recommendation doesn't allow this technique to center a table.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on in-depth 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:
      - North America: Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
      articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-08-26,27,09-30,10-03,07,10