Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Aligning a table in XSL-fo

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2002
      At 2002-08-09 09:20 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
      >Use a fo:block to hold your fo:table, and in the fo block put
      >attribute text-align="right", center or left..
      >eg.
      ><fo:block text-align="right">
      ><fo:table>....</fo:table></fo:block>

      This is incorrect usage of XSL-FO and will not work in a conforming processor.

      As I understand it, in the context of a block, a nested table does not
      react to the text alignment. Which processor is giving you the behaviour
      you are quoting above?

      >Bye
      >Narinder
      >--- In XSL-FO@y..., "asgorath02" <Asgorath@d...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm pretty new to writing XSL-FO and was wondering if there is
      >anyway
      > > to align a table or set the position of a table in XSL-FO. Much
      >like
      > > how you can set <table align="right"> in HTML, or perhaps something
      > > where I can tell a table in mm where on the page it should appear.

      I posted working fragments of two approaches to centring a table here:

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2002Jul/0028.html
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2002Jul/0030.html

      You can either use <table-and-caption> with text-align= on any table or you
      can play with the start-indent= and the width of a table with fixed layout.

      I can't think of any other way, and I cite chapter and verse in those posts
      of the basis of my understanding.

      I hope this helps.

      .................... Ken

      --
      Upcoming hands-on in-depth 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:
      - North America: Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
      articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03,07,10
    • narinder_g
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
        --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
        > At 2002-08-09 09:20 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
        > >Use a fo:block to hold your fo:table, and in the fo block put
        > >attribute text-align="right", center or left..
        > >eg.
        > ><fo:block text-align="right">
        > ><fo:table>....</fo:table></fo:block>
        >
        > This is incorrect usage of XSL-FO and will not work in a conforming
        processor.

        > As I understand it, in the context of a block, a nested table does
        not
        > react to the text alignment. Which processor is giving you the
        behaviour
        > you are quoting above?
        Sorry I was wrong, but here is a way you can try..
        http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/N8922.html#d210e78
        bye Narinder