Re: Aligning a table in XSL-fo

  • narinder_g
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2002
      hi Aldo
      Use a fo:block to hold your fo:table, and in the fo block put
      attribute text-align="right", center or left..
      eg.
      <fo:block text-align="right">
      <fo:table>....</fo:table></fo:block>
      Bye
      Narinder

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2002
        At 2002-08-09 09:20 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
        >Use a fo:block to hold your fo:table, and in the fo block put
        >attribute text-align="right", center or left..
        >eg.
        ><fo:block text-align="right">
        ><fo:table>....</fo:table></fo:block>

        This is incorrect usage of XSL-FO and will not work in a conforming processor.

        As I understand it, in the context of a block, a nested table does not
        react to the text alignment. Which processor is giving you the behaviour
        you are quoting above?

        >Bye
        >Narinder
        >--- In XSL-FO@y..., "asgorath02" <Asgorath@d...> wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I'm pretty new to writing XSL-FO and was wondering if there is
        >anyway
        > > to align a table or set the position of a table in XSL-FO. Much
        >like
        > > how you can set <table align="right"> in HTML, or perhaps something
        > > where I can tell a table in mm where on the page it should appear.

        I posted working fragments of two approaches to centring a table here:

        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2002Jul/0028.html
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2002Jul/0030.html

        You can either use <table-and-caption> with text-align= on any table or you
        can play with the start-indent= and the width of a table with fixed layout.

        I can't think of any other way, and I cite chapter and verse in those posts
        of the basis of my understanding.

        I hope this helps.

        .................... Ken

        --
        Upcoming hands-on in-depth 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:
        - North America: Sep 30-Oct 4,2002

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
        articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        Next public training: 2002-08-05,26,27,09-30,10-03,07,10
      • narinder_g
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
          --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
          > At 2002-08-09 09:20 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
          > >Use a fo:block to hold your fo:table, and in the fo block put
          > >attribute text-align="right", center or left..
          > >eg.
          > ><fo:block text-align="right">
          > ><fo:table>....</fo:table></fo:block>
          >
          > This is incorrect usage of XSL-FO and will not work in a conforming
          processor.

          > As I understand it, in the context of a block, a nested table does
          not
          > react to the text alignment. Which processor is giving you the
          behaviour
          > you are quoting above?
          Sorry I was wrong, but here is a way you can try..
          http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/N8922.html#d210e78
          bye Narinder