Re: Hey, this is probably a very easy question for most of you.....

  • narinder_g
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
      Hi Andrea
      Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
      than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
      instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
      left, width and height also.
      Bye
      Narinder
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Andrea Ghent" <andrea.ghent@m...> wrote:
      > Hi there
      >
      > I know this is likely a very easy question for most of you, I am
      only just
      > starting to play around with XSL:FO and have come across a
      conflict. I can't
      > seem to get an <fo:block-container> tag to work in fop but it works
      > perfectly using Antennahouse's XSL formatter. I understand that XSL
      > formatter uses MSXML, could this be why? Does FOP not support that
      tag?

      > Thanks for your help
      >
      > - Andrea

      > Andrea Ghent
      > Web UI Designer
      > MONTAGE.DMC eBusiness Services
      > A Division of AT&T Canada
      > andrea.ghent@m...
      > Phone: (613)232-2760
      >
      > --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      > "A little nonsense now and then,
      > is cherished by the wisest men."
      > Roald Dahl, (Willy Wonka) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

    • Andrea Ghent
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
        Thanks so much for your advice. I think i did everything right, but didn't
        add a height attribute. Now that i did, things are working much better and i
        have the form exactly how i want it.

        Thank you so much for your assistance!!!

        - Andrea
        Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
        than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
        instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
        left, width and height also.
        Bye
        Narinder
        --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Andrea Ghent" <andrea.ghent@m...> wrote:
        > Hi there
        >
        > I know this is likely a very easy question for most of you, I am
        only just
        > starting to play around with XSL:FO and have come across a
        conflict. I can't
        > seem to get an <fo:block-container> tag to work in fop but it works
        > perfectly using Antennahouse's XSL formatter. I understand that XSL
        > formatter uses MSXML, could this be why? Does FOP not support that
        tag?

        > Thanks for your help
        >
        > - Andrea

        > Andrea Ghent
        > Web UI Designer
        > MONTAGE.DMC eBusiness Services
        > A Division of AT&T Canada
        > andrea.ghent@m...
        > Phone: (613)232-2760
        >
        > --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        > "A little nonsense now and then,
        > is cherished by the wisest men."
        > Roald Dahl, (Willy Wonka) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • David Tolpin
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002

          > Hi Andrea
          > Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
          > than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
          > instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
          > left, width and height also.
          > Bye

          Does FOP still use obsolete syntax? I thought it was updated to the Recommendation.

          David
        • narinder_g
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
            --- In XSL-FO@y..., David Tolpin <dvd@r...> wrote:

            > > Hi Andrea
            > > Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
            > > than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
            > > instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the
            top,
            > > left, width and height also.
            > > Bye
            >
            > Does FOP still use obsolete syntax? I thought it was updated to the
            Recommendation.

            > David
            Yet to be fully implemented....