Hey, this is probably a very easy question for most of you.....

  • Andrea Ghent
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
      Hi there

      I know this is likely a very easy question for most of you, I am only just
      starting to play around with XSL:FO and have come across a conflict. I can't
      seem to get an <fo:block-container> tag to work in fop but it works
      perfectly using Antennahouse's XSL formatter. I understand that XSL
      formatter uses MSXML, could this be why? Does FOP not support that tag?

      Thanks for your help

      - Andrea

      Andrea Ghent
      Web UI Designer
      MONTAGE.DMC eBusiness Services
      A Division of AT&T Canada
      andrea.ghent@...
      Phone: (613)232-2760

      "A little nonsense now and then,
      is cherished by the wisest men."
      Roald Dahl, (Willy Wonka) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

    • narinder_g
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
        Hi Andrea
        Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
        than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
        instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
        left, width and height also.
        Bye
        Narinder

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
          Thanks so much for your advice. I think i did everything right, but didn't
          add a height attribute. Now that i did, things are working much better and i
          have the form exactly how i want it.

          Thank you so much for your assistance!!!

          - Andrea
          Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
          than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
          instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
          left, width and height also.
          Bye
          Narinder
          --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Andrea Ghent" <andrea.ghent@m...> wrote:
          > Hi there
          >
          > I know this is likely a very easy question for most of you, I am
          only just
          > starting to play around with XSL:FO and have come across a
          conflict. I can't
          > seem to get an <fo:block-container> tag to work in fop but it works
          > perfectly using Antennahouse's XSL formatter. I understand that XSL
          > formatter uses MSXML, could this be why? Does FOP not support that
          tag?

          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > - Andrea

          > Andrea Ghent
          > Web UI Designer
          > MONTAGE.DMC eBusiness Services
          > A Division of AT&T Canada
          > andrea.ghent@m...
          > Phone: (613)232-2760
          >
          > --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          > "A little nonsense now and then,
          > is cherished by the wisest men."
          > Roald Dahl, (Willy Wonka) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • David Tolpin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002

            > Hi Andrea
            > Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
            > than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
            > instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the top,
            > left, width and height also.
            > Bye

            Does FOP still use obsolete syntax? I thought it was updated to the Recommendation.

            David
          • narinder_g
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
              --- In XSL-FO@y..., David Tolpin <dvd@r...> wrote:

              > > Hi Andrea
              > > Fop supports fo:block-container, but the attributes are different
              > > than those in antennahouse. First of all use position="absolute"
              > > instead of absolute-position="absolute" and secondly specify the
              top,
              > > left, width and height also.
              > > Bye
              >
              > Does FOP still use obsolete syntax? I thought it was updated to the
              Recommendation.

              > David
              Yet to be fully implemented....