Question on multi-lang PDF on the fly by using ASP, XML and XSL-FO

  • iceox888
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      I currently need to do multi-lang PDF on the fly by using JSP, XML
      and XSL-FO. For example, lang can be Russian, Greek & German. I
      have saw the userconfig.xml has a bit info, but it has just too
      little info. I wonder if anyone can go little deeper than that?

      Best is if you can share a sample XML & XSL-FO code with me. I
      currently create a .xml & .xsl with above 3 langs for testing, but it
      only show German lang, but not russian & greek lang. It shows
      only "#" for rest 2 langs. I went to bookstore, search online for
      help for 3 days already, but it doesnt really work out. So I come
      to here for some help.

      Thanks
      Bing
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        iceox888 wrote:

        > Best is if you can share a sample XML & XSL-FO code with me. I
        > currently create a .xml & .xsl with above 3 langs for testing, but it
        > only show German lang, but not russian & greek lang. It shows
        > only "#" for rest 2 langs.
        That means you are using font which does support german, but doesn't have
        glyphs for russian and greek. First of all get good font, which supports all
        languages you need, then register it in userconfig.xml, declare its using in
        xsl-fo by font-family attribute and don't forget run fop with userconfig.xml.

        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        Multiconn International, Israel