Re: Bookmarks

  • narinder_g
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2002
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
      > At 2002-07-29 06:01 +0000, narinder_g wrote:
      > >I wish to work out how can I get the page numbering at
      > >the bottom look like "i (3 of 100)" currently it is coming like "3
      of
      > >100". Where i is the forced page number in roman format.
      >
      > I'm not sure what you are asking for since you are using some
      standard
      > terminology in non-standard ways: "forced page number". One can
      force a
      > page and one can have a page number, but one cannot distinguish a
      forced
      > page number.
      >
      > In simple page geometry, the glyphs used to express a page number
      are
      > determined by the formatting token associated with the page
      sequence. As
      > far as I know one cannot express the page number more than one way
      in a
      > given page sequence.
      >
      > Note that page number citations also rely on the format of page
      numbers for
      > the page sequence in which the citation reference is located, so if
      it were
      > possible to express page numbers differently there isn't a way to
      express
      > in the citation which of the ways would be desired.
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > ...................... Ken
      Hi Ken

      By forced page numbering I actually mean, the page is third in the
      document but I have restarted the page count, abd set the attribute
      format="i". What I wanted to ask is when we open any pdf document
      using acrobat, there is a text box at bottom left of the window which
      tells about the page numbers like 3 of 10 etc. When people have
      renumbered pages the text box shows i (3 of 10) or 4 (10 of 20)
      etc. , here it is showing the logical page number that is 'i' or '4'
      and the actual page number in parenthesis. But when I open my
      document it shows only 3 of 10 not i (3 of 10). I hope my problem is
      clear to you
      .............Narinder