Re: [XSL-FO] sidebar in the text

  • Douglas Lovell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2002
      You may also consider trying the list formatting objects. The list-item-
      label is essentially a side-bar to the list-item-body.

      Douglas Lovell

      "Chris Bowditch"
      <bowditch_chris@h To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      otmail.com> cc:
      Subject: Re: [XSL-FO] sidebar in the text
      07/25/2002 07:51
      AM
      Please respond to
      XSL-FO

      >Hi
      >I wish to put sidebars on my pages, the sidebar may contain different
      >text for different pages (cant use fo:static..:( ). I am using FOP
      >can anybody suggest something. Also has any body tried nesting
      >fo:block-container in a fo:block element... it doesnot work for me,
      >it gives a error of layout block area..

      The method I used to get a sidebar working was to have a table (obviously
      with no borders) with one column for content and one for the sidebar.

      Dont know why you are trying to put a block-container in a block, they have

      totally different purposes. A block-container has a specific size and
      position set by the user, whilst positioning and size of blocks is
      automatically computed by FOP.