which FOP version should I use?

  • sukkutty_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
      Hi ...

      can anybody suggest me which version of FOP should I use for a pdf
      conversion? I tried using fop-0.20.3 and fop-0.20.4 versions, those
      are not making fo:tables during the pdf generation and makes an
      empty pdf file just with a title. When I use XEP as my FO engine I
      get the pdf generated properly. But I want to go for a freeware like
      FOP.

      it is an urgent requirement .. it will be heighly helpful if somebody
      can suggest a better FO engine.

      thanks a lot

      regards
      sudha
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
        If you want to use fop you obviously have to use last version - 0.20.4.
        And why your table doesn't appear in pdf - that's probably table-column width
        problem. There are some limitations in fop - see
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/limitations.html.

        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        Multiconn International, Israel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2002
          thanks Oleg.
          now I get this error while using FOP
          -------------------------------
          [INFO] FOP 0.20.4rc
          [INFO] building formatting object tree
          [INFO] [1]
          [ERROR] defaulted font to any,normal,normal
          [ERROR] unknown font sans-serif,normal,bolder so defaulted font to any
          [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
          [WARNING] current implementation of tables requires a table-column
          for each colu
          mn, indicating column-width
          [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
          ---------------------------------

          could u please advise me how to go abt this?

          thanks a lot
          sudha

          --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
          > If you want to use fop you obviously have to use last version -
          0.20.4.
          > And why your table doesn't appear in pdf - that's probably table-
          column width
          > problem. There are some limitations in fop - see
          > http://xml.apache.org/fop/limitations.html.
          >
          > sukkutty_2000 wrote:
          > > Hi ...
          > >
          > > can anybody suggest me which version of FOP should I use for a pdf
          > > conversion? I tried using fop-0.20.3 and fop-0.20.4 versions,
          those
          > > are not making fo:tables during the pdf generation and makes an
          > > empty pdf file just with a title. When I use XEP as my FO engine
          > > get the pdf generated properly. But I want to go for a freeware
          like
          > > FOP.
          > >

          > > it is an urgent requirement .. it will be heighly helpful if
          somebody
          > > can suggest a better FO engine.
          > >

          > > thanks a lot
          > >
          > > regards
          > > sudha
          > >

          > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > > Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2 Colours at
          > > LensExpress.com!
          > > Click here to find your contact lenses!

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=225674.2075964.3644785.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
          05016061:HM/A=1153156/R=0/*http://www.lensexpress.com/tracker/trackcli
          ck.aspx?Page=ACUVUE%202%20Colors&AffUrl=273&AffCode=14>

          Service

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2002
            Look my answer in fop-user list.