running FOP (0.20.3) using VB-components

  • wbichelaer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
      Hi there,

      We have some problems to get FOP 0.20.3 to run in a Microsoft
      environment. We are using VB-components which are running in MTS
      under a specific account.

      This VB-components uses the shell command to start FOP. If I run my
      application nothing happens (not even errors), but if I set the VB-
      component under the administrator account in MTS it all works fine.
      It looks like I got a security issue, because I'm getting no errors
      I'm not really sure where its coming from. I gave my specific user
      right on the FOP and JDK folder and rights to the folder where FOP
      writes its output (all full control)..

      Does anybody have any idea?

      Thanks,

      Willem
    • wbichelaer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002

        I always run FOP in debug mode, but you do not see the command prompt
        window on the server, because it runs in the background.

        Willem

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
        > wbichelaer wrote:
        >
        > > We have some problems to get FOP 0.20.3 to run in a Microsoft
        > > environment. We are using VB-components which are running in MTS
        > > under a specific account.
        > >
        > > This VB-components uses the shell command to start FOP. If I run
        my
        > > application nothing happens (not even errors), but if I set the
        VB-
        > > component under the administrator account in MTS it all works
        fine.
        > > It looks like I got a security issue, because I'm getting no
        errors
        > > I'm not really sure where its coming from. I gave my specific user
        > > right on the FOP and JDK folder and rights to the folder where FOP
        > > writes its output (all full control)..
        > >
        > > Does anybody have any idea?
        > Run fop in debug mode (add -d option into command line) in order to
        see what's
        > going on.
        >
        > --
        > Oleg Tkachenko
        > Multiconn International, Israel
      • wbichelaer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
          Euh...what do you mean? A log output file or the PDF file? About the
          PDF file I've mentioned that in my first message.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
            I read this is the log file:
            DEBUG] Input mode:
            [DEBUG] xslt transformation
            [DEBUG] xml input file: C:\Documents and Settings\WiBichelaer\My
            Documents\Work\ebonline\ebs\xml\C0F8FF20CB49834A9FCBEEB047C9B3D6.xml
            [DEBUG] xslt stylesheet: C:\Documents and Settings\WiBichelaer\My
            Documents\Work\ebonline\ebs\xsl\algemeen_versie_2.0.xsl
            [DEBUG] Output mode:
            [DEBUG] awt on screen
            [DEBUG] OPTIONS
            [DEBUG] user configuration file: conf\userconfig.xml
            [DEBUG] debug mode on
            [DEBUG] dump configuration
            [DEBUG] quiet mode on
            [DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
            [DEBUG] reading user configuration file
            [DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
            [DEBUG] base directory: file:/C:/Documents and
            Settings/WiBichelaer/My Documents/Work/ebonline/ebs/xml/
            [ERROR] Logger not set
            [DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
            [INFO] building formatting object tree
            [DEBUG] setting up fonts
            [INFO] [1]
            [INFO] [2]
            [INFO] [1]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [2]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [3]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [4]
            [INFO] [5]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [6]
            [INFO] [7]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [8]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [9]
            [INFO] [10]
            [INFO] [11]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [12]
            [INFO] [13]
            [INFO] [14]
            [INFO] [15]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [16]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [17]
            [INFO] [18]
            [INFO] [19]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] [20]
            [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
            specified on table.
            [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

            So I see an [Error]: Logger not set.

            What can I do with that?

            Willem
          • Oleg Tkachenko
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
                  wbichelaer wrote:
                  > Euh...what do you mean? A log output file or the PDF file? About the
                  > PDF file I've mentioned that in my first message.
                  I mean redirect fop debug into a file, e.g.
                  fop -xsl docs\xml2pdf.xsl -xml docs\xslfoRef.xml -awt >log.txt 2>&1

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 15, 2002
                    wbichelaer wrote:

                    > So I see an [Error]: Logger not set.
                    >
                    > What can I do with that?
                    That's actually not a error at all, it's usual fop message :)
                    Well, add >log.txt 2>&1 to the end of your real fop command line and see
                    what's going on.