Re: [XSL-FO] Online fon setting in xhtml to pdf generation.

  • Carlos
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002

      >I have a question here related to font settings in xsl.
      >I got one xhtml file where the designer gives me the size, color
      >properties of Font. I need to interpret it and replace
      ><xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>.
      >
      >I know by defing the below blocks, I can interpret the font.
      >I am using xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" namespace here.
      >
      >step 1
      ><xsl:template match="html:font">
      > <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="font"><xsl:apply-
      > templates /></fo:block>
      > </xsl:template>
      >
      >step2
      > <xsl:attribute-set name="font">
      > <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>
      > </xsl:attribute-set>
      >
      >now my problem arise here. I don't know how to get the color property
      >and set in step2. I tried by setting attribues in step1 for getting
      >color value , but it doesn't work out. can I use global variable
      >approcah, if yes how do I do it.

      Why you don't just use:

      <xsl:template match="html:font">
      <fo:block color="{@color}"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
      </xsl:template>

      ?
    • sukkutty_2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
        <xsl:template match="html:font">
        <fo:block color= "@color"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
        </xsl:template>

        does it work? it is not working :(
        I dont know how to get the color property value here.

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., Carlos <angus@b...> wrote:

        > >I have a question here related to font settings in xsl.
        > >I got one xhtml file where the designer gives me the size, color
        > >properties of Font. I need to interpret it and replace
        > ><xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>.
        > >
        > >I know by defing the below blocks, I can interpret the font.
        > >I am using xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" namespace
        here.

        > >step 1
        > ><xsl:template match="html:font">
        > > <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="font"><xsl:apply-
        > > templates /></fo:block>
        > > </xsl:template>
        > >
        > >step2
        > > <xsl:attribute-set name="font">
        > > <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>
        > > </xsl:attribute-set>
        > >
        > >now my problem arise here. I don't know how to get the color
        property
        > >and set in step2. I tried by setting attribues in step1 for
        getting
        > >color value , but it doesn't work out. can I use global variable
        > >approcah, if yes how do I do it.
        > >

        > Why you don't just use:
        >
        > <xsl:template match="html:font">
        > <fo:block color="{@color}"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
        > </xsl:template>
        >
        > ?
      • bryan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          ><xsl:template match="html:font">
          > <fo:block color="@color"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
          > </xsl:template>

          try <fo:block color="{@color}">
        • sudha raver veettil
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            yes! it does work! thanks a lot bryan. I need to really get in to the xsl-fo
            scripts :)

            thanks again
            sudha