Online fon setting in xhtml to pdf generation.

  • sukkutty_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
      HI

      I have a question here related to font settings in xsl.
      I got one xhtml file where the designer gives me the size, color
      properties of Font. I need to interpret it and replace
      <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>.

      I know by defing the below blocks, I can interpret the font.
      I am using xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" namespace here.

      step 1
      <xsl:template match="html:font">
      <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="font"><xsl:apply-
      templates /></fo:block>
      </xsl:template>

      step2
      <xsl:attribute-set name="font">
      <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:attribute-set>

      now my problem arise here. I don't know how to get the color property
      and set in step2. I tried by setting attribues in step1 for getting
      color value , but it doesn't work out. can I use global variable
      approcah, if yes how do I do it.

      thanks a lot in advance. I am really in need to tackle out this
      problem.

      regards
      sudha
    • Carlos
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002

        >I have a question here related to font settings in xsl.
        >I got one xhtml file where the designer gives me the size, color
        >properties of Font. I need to interpret it and replace
        ><xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>.
        >
        >I know by defing the below blocks, I can interpret the font.
        >I am using xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" namespace here.
        >
        >step 1
        ><xsl:template match="html:font">
        > <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="font"><xsl:apply-
        > templates /></fo:block>
        > </xsl:template>
        >
        >step2
        > <xsl:attribute-set name="font">
        > <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>
        > </xsl:attribute-set>
        >
        >now my problem arise here. I don't know how to get the color property
        >and set in step2. I tried by setting attribues in step1 for getting
        >color value , but it doesn't work out. can I use global variable
        >approcah, if yes how do I do it.

        Why you don't just use:

        <xsl:template match="html:font">
        <fo:block color="{@color}"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
        </xsl:template>

        ?
      • sukkutty_2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          <xsl:template match="html:font">
          <fo:block color= "@color"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
          </xsl:template>

          does it work? it is not working :(
          I dont know how to get the color property value here.

          --- In XSL-FO@y..., Carlos <angus@b...> wrote:

          > >I have a question here related to font settings in xsl.
          > >I got one xhtml file where the designer gives me the size, color
          > >properties of Font. I need to interpret it and replace
          > ><xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>.
          > >
          > >I know by defing the below blocks, I can interpret the font.
          > >I am using xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" namespace
          here.

          > >step 1
          > ><xsl:template match="html:font">
          > > <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="font"><xsl:apply-
          > > templates /></fo:block>
          > > </xsl:template>
          > >
          > >step2
          > > <xsl:attribute-set name="font">
          > > <xsl:attribute name="color">$fontGiven</xsl:attribute>
          > > </xsl:attribute-set>
          > >
          > >now my problem arise here. I don't know how to get the color
          property
          > >and set in step2. I tried by setting attribues in step1 for
          getting
          > >color value , but it doesn't work out. can I use global variable
          > >approcah, if yes how do I do it.
          > >

          > Why you don't just use:
          >
          > <xsl:template match="html:font">
          > <fo:block color="{@color}"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
          > </xsl:template>
          >
          > ?
        • bryan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            ><xsl:template match="html:font">
            > <fo:block color="@color"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
            > </xsl:template>

            try <fo:block color="{@color}">
          • sudha raver veettil
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
              yes! it does work! thanks a lot bryan. I need to really get in to the xsl-fo
              scripts :)

              thanks again
              sudha