Re: Alternating Odd Pages

  • jameshomant2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2002
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
      > jameshomant2 wrote:
      > > I have succeeded in creating an odd-page page master and an even-
      page
      > > page master, so that odd pages are processed differently than even
      > > pages, but...
      > >
      > > I need to have every OTHER odd page have different
      characteristics.
      > > If I could find a way to use one page master for pages
      3,7,11,15,...
      > > and a different page master for pages 5,9,13,... that would work.
      >
      > I have only one (actually a very ridicules) idea: to generate enough
      > single-page-master-reference objects:
      > <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="main">
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="odd1"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="even"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="odd2"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="even"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="odd1"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="even"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="odd2"/>
      > <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="even"/>
      > etc...
      > Funny, ain't it? :)
      > Anyway I believe must be some more robust way.
      >
      > --
      > Oleg Tkachenko
      > Multiconn International Ltd

      Thanks, Oleg!

      Thats not a bad idea! I will keep that as my backup plan if something
      better doesnt come up. The invoices could potentially be 100 pages
      in size, but I could always create a big giant page sequence section
      like that above that has 100 entries. It would definitely work, if
      not as elegantly as direct examination of the page number (if only
      that were possible!) Thanks again.

      Jim.