Is there a WYSIWYG editor?

  • l33tle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2002
      I'm new at this. Is there a WYSIWYG editor for formatting a XML
      document for display on a web page? Thanx :)

      L33TLE
    • shura@novosoft.ru
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2002
        Hello;

        I think you can take a look at our solution RTF2FO.
        You can create sophisticated documents in any text editor (MS Word, for
        example). Then you can convert your documents saving as RTF to XML FO
        ones. Resulting documents can be rendered to PDF or HTML then with any FO
        rendering tools and be shown on a web page.

        Thanks,

        Alex.

        06/21/2002 01:00:15 "l33tle" wrote:
        >I'm new at this. Is there a WYSIWYG editor for formatting a XML
        >document for display on a web page? Thanx :)
        >
        >L33TLE

        Alexander A. Pakhutin
        Sales Manager
        Novosoft Inc, Custom software development and web design since 1992

        mailto: shura@...
        Internet pager: 79029863925@...
        Phone: Novosoft toll-free 1-866-849-0354 (For USA and US territories only)
        Phone: +7 (3832) 30-34-69
        Fax: +7 (3832) 34-20-35
        E-fax number: for US +1 707 922 0104; for UK +44 870 134 5154

        ICQ: 75104109; AOL: saahp; MSN: AlexP;

        For more visit http://www.novosoft-us.com/

      • Giannetti, Fabio
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2002
          it could also be interesting have a look to WH2FO.
          WH2FO tranforms an HTML document, generated by Word 2000, into an XML file
          and an XSL-T file that combined gives you the XSL-FO file.
          You can also have a look to FOA (Formatting Object Authoring tool) is not
          WYSIWYG but has a nice interactive preview. These projects are open-source
          and hosted by Sourceforge.
          WH2FO: http://wh2fo.sourceforge.net
          FOA: http://foa.sourceforge.net

          Fabio

        • pieter.hertogh@e-office.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2002
            I think xml-spy has something like this. You can check it out for free i
            believe

            "l33tle" <l33tle@...> wrote on 20-06-2002 20:00:15:

            > I'm new at this. Is there a WYSIWYG editor for formatting a XML
            > document for display on a web page? Thanx :)
            >
            > L33TLE

          • trace_wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2002
              Xselerator allows you to transform, debug and view your XSL-FO from
              the editor. (http://www.topxml.com/xselerator)

              To switch this feature on you need to go to Editor Options, Colors.
              Select the User Defined Prefixes button. Switch on the fo and svg
              prefixes to get the intellisense.

              In the Enviroment | XSL-FO option you need to input your XSL-FO
              engine.

              There is a free trial licence that you can download.

              Cheers,
              Trace