problems with svg in pdf

  • mefromrolla
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2002
      Hello all,
      I'm having problems with getting svg content in a pdf file.
      (I've tried <fo:external-graphic src="some.svg"> tag and <fo:instream-
      foreign-object> )

      I'm getting the following error
      Servlet failed with Exception
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
      at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.init(SVGElement.java:197)

      The above error pops when i tried to use the <fo:instream-foreign-
      object> tag.

      When i tried to use the <fo:external-graphic> tag, i did not get any
      errors HOWEVER, the pdf file DOES NOT contain the SVG data.
      And, the external-graphic works fine for a JPG file.

      my os is solaris 2.8 and the servlets are running on weblogic 6.1 sp2

      Is this similar to the Tomcat CLASSPATH bug ?

      Also, could someone post the order of the jar files in the classpath ?

      any help is appreciated.

      thanks,
      rolladude