RE: [XSL-FO] Landscape mode with FOP?

  • Jeffrey A. Stewart
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
      Alex,

      The trick is to specify reference-orientation="90". Changing the paper
      size will not change the flow. This works with Antenna House and with
      RenderX. I have not tried it with FOP.

      Jeffrey Stewart
      Technical Director
      Trekk Cross-Media Communications

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
        Hi, reference orientation is not yet implemented by FOP (as seen in
        the debug log).

        Pascal

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
        > Jeffrey A. Stewart wrote:
        >
        > > The trick is to specify reference-orientation="90". Changing the
        paper
        > > size will not change the flow. This works with Antenna House and
        with
        > > RenderX. I have not tried it with FOP.
        >
        > I think landscape is a printing only conception and for example on
        windows it
        > is *printer* property, not a document property. I just tried
        > reference-orientation="90" and page-height="21cm" page-
        width="29.7cm" and
        > got exactly the same result out of my printer. I believe printers
        cares about
        > orientation themself. And finally, such tricky reference-oriented
        document is
        > a really bad thing for neck and eyes. ;)
        >
        > --
        > Oleg Tkachenko
        > Multiconn International, Israel
      • Dominic_Botham
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
          Try this
          <MODELPAGE HEIGHT="8.778in" WIDTH="11.014in" TYPE="LANDSCAPE">

          It worked for me and hope the same from ya.

          Dominic Botham
          ________________________
          GE-GDC, Satyam
          Tel: +91-40-784-6101 Ext. 5743
          "Some of the world's greatest feats are accomplished
          by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..."

          I'm trying to figure how to get landscape mode with FOP 0.20.3, but I
          haven't
          had much luck so far. I've done a Google search, and a search of the
          archives,
          but I haven't come up with much :-/.

          For instance, there was this message [*] that mentioned
          'reference-orientation', but (at least at the time of writing the message),
          it
          looks like FOP doesn't support 'reference-orientation' :-/.

          So, does FOP perhaps support 'reference-orientation' now, or are there any
          other ways of achieving landscape mode?

          And, one of my coworkers suggested that I could try setting the page
          dimensions to 11" W x8.5" H, but would that do any good?

          Alex Bischoff 3812078 on ICQ
          export-a-crypto-system-sig RSA-2-lines-PERL

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          is appreciated.
        • Oleg Tkachenko
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
              Yes I know, that's what I mean - there is no need for reference-orientation
              support for landscape printing, it's enough to swap page-height/width.