Re: French characters in XML

  • zile_yu
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2002
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

      In XSL script you can choose output encoding.
      Did you use it. If not try.

      Best regards,

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Anders Svensson" <asn@e...> wrote:
      > I have a problem with foreign characters in xml documents. I'm
      guessing it's one of these unicode related problems that seem to be
      recurring in one capricious form or another every once in a while...
      I'm transforming the document with MSXML, but when I do it comes out
      ruined with all kinds of asian characters and other signs like so (I
      hope this renders correctly in the e-mail):
      > Vous pouvez d?nir des colonnes diff?ntes ?tiliser dans les
      diverses ex?tions de reconnaissance Cependant, en s?ctionnant une
      colonne diff?nte, d'autres variables peuvent aussi ?e chang? entre
      les ex?tions. La table d?it comment reconna?e les colonnes.
      > Does anyone know why and what to do about it? One thing to note is
      that I did the same transformation in XML spy (which uses MSXML as
      parser) and the text came out ok... Unfortunately doing the
      transformations within xml spy is not an option since there are a
      lot of files to transform. Also, it's not a particularly
      satisfactory solution in the long run...:-)