Re: [XSL-FO] newbie question: omit header/footer from page 1

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      At 2002-05-31 19:16 +0000, violinner wrote:
      >I have set up a header and footer
      >with:
      > <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">...
      > </fo:static-content>
      >and
      > <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">...
      > </fo:static-content>
      >
      >However, I do not want these to happen on the first
      >page. How can I omit them or use some other header-footer
      >on certain pages?

      By creating a page sequence master that sequences different page geometries
      with different names for the regions, or a different selection of regions.

      For example, the following page sequence uses the "frame-1" geometry for
      the first page and "frame-2" geometry for all other pages:

      <page-sequence-master master-name="frame-pages">
      <single-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-1"/>
      <repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-2"/>
      </page-sequence-master>

      If you need to change the header and footer based on content, instead of a
      hard-wired sequence of pages, we have posted support for a new formatting
      semantic in the free resources area of our web site: PSMI (Page Sequence
      Master Interleave). With this new semantic, you can interleave in an
      XSL-FO page sequence references to specific page masters based on your
      stylesheet detecting certain content in your input. The supplied
      stylesheet will then convert your XSL-FO+PSMI instance into a pure XSL-FO
      instance to be used with any XSL-FO engine.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
      - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
      articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training:06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31,08-05,26,27