newbie question: omit header/footer from page 1

  • violinner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2002
      I have set up a header and footer
      with:
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">...
      </fo:static-content>
      and
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">...
      </fo:static-content>

      However, I do not want these to happen on the first
      page. How can I omit them or use some other header-footer
      on certain pages?

      Thanks,
      jd
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        At 2002-05-31 19:16 +0000, violinner wrote:
        >I have set up a header and footer
        >with:
        > <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">...
        > </fo:static-content>
        >and
        > <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">...
        > </fo:static-content>
        >
        >However, I do not want these to happen on the first
        >page. How can I omit them or use some other header-footer
        >on certain pages?

        By creating a page sequence master that sequences different page geometries
        with different names for the regions, or a different selection of regions.

        For example, the following page sequence uses the "frame-1" geometry for
        the first page and "frame-2" geometry for all other pages:

        <page-sequence-master master-name="frame-pages">
        <single-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-1"/>
        <repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-2"/>
        </page-sequence-master>

        If you need to change the header and footer based on content, instead of a
        hard-wired sequence of pages, we have posted support for a new formatting
        semantic in the free resources area of our web site: PSMI (Page Sequence
        Master Interleave). With this new semantic, you can interleave in an
        XSL-FO page sequence references to specific page masters based on your
        stylesheet detecting certain content in your input. The supplied
        stylesheet will then convert your XSL-FO+PSMI instance into a pure XSL-FO
        instance to be used with any XSL-FO engine.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
        - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
        articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        Next public training:06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31,08-05,26,27