RE: [XSL-FO] iTextXml vs. XSL-FO

  • Oleg Tkachenko
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2002
      Hello!

      Other java xsl-fo implementations certanly exist, see full list at http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/, but I wouldn't say anyone is significantly better than another one because as usual "it depends", they all have own merits and demerits.
      I believe iText being focused mainly on pdf creation and manipulation is a good choice to those who need full control over resulting pdf file and I'm not sure iText supports all that high-quality publishing stuff xsl-fo is focused on, they are declaring "The iText classes are very useful for people who need to generate read-only, platform independent documents containing text, lists, tables and images." only.

      ---
      Oleg Tkachenko,
      Multiconn International, Israel