Re: [XSL-FO] keep-with-next???

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001
      Brian,

      > Ok. Here's what I have:
      >
      > <fo:block background-color="#C0C0C0" keep-with-next="true"

      Should be: keep-with-next.within-page="always".

      Keep properties have three components (.within-line, .within-column,
      .within-page) that may assume integer values (that means their relative
      strength), "auto", or "always". If you write simply keep-with-next="always",
      this is treated as a shorthand for setting all the three components, and should
      be expanded into:

      keep-with-next.within-line="always"
      keep-with-next.within-column="always"
      keep-with-next.within-page="always"

      I presume this is different from what you meant - note that the "within-line"
      component is also set.

      Best regards,
      Nikolai
    • Pouliot, Brian R.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001
        Thanks. I'm pretty sure FOP doesn't support this functionality. :(

        Do you know if there is a way to find out what your current position
        (y-coordinate) is?

        Thanks,

        Brian

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001
          Hi Brian,

          > Do you know if there is a way to find out what your current
          > position (y-coordinate) is?

          No, I don't know of anything like this. And it appears to me that there's
          nothing similar in the spec. But why do you need it?

          Regards,
          Nikolai
        • Pouliot, Brian R.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2001
            Since FOP doesn't support table cells spanning multiple columns either, I
            need a way to keep my table headers (just an fo:block) on the same page as
            my fo:tables. I'd like to make my header a part of the table, but there is
            no way to do it. My hands appear to be tied.

            Brian