Re: is XSL-FO supporting a matrix table in some way

  • heizg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 5:45 AM
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "procondatapcd" <thomas.pelzer@p...> wrote:
      > My table is dynamic downwards - like normal table - but also
      > sidewards. How can i handle that?
      > The table should break automatically at the right margin.
      >
      > By the way, in a matrix normally I've a header on top specifying
      the
      > columns and on the left side specifying the rows. Is that possible
      > with XSL-FO ?
      > Is it possible to specify something like a repeating column? That
      > means, after each break the column should always be the first
      column
      > on the left side.

      I have the same problem and XSL-FO doesn't help very much. The only
      solution I see is to do all the table formatting in the XSL
      transformation, means XSL knows how many rows and columns fit on a
      page and creates a new table with row and column headers for each
      page. Not a easy solution and quite bad that the XSL must have
      knowledge of page size and margins...

      > Thanks for your help
      > TOM

      Heinz