Re: [XSL-FO] Can fo:basic-link open new IE window from Adobe plugin?

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14 12:49 PM
      Sebastian,

      > thats not actually true. a link can set NewWindow true
      > inside /A << ... >>

      I disagree. According to the spec [PDF 1.4 Reference, 8.5.3 "Action Types"],
      /NewWindow is a field specific to "remote go-to actions" and "launch actions".
      In XEP, HTML links are coded as "URI actions" that have no /NewWindow
      parameter. I don't believe the former two action types are suitable to represent
      a generic fo:basic-link: the first is applicable to PDF documents only, and the
      second requires a hardwired executable name.

      Regards,
      Nikolai
    • Sebastian Rahtz
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 2:18 PM
        On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:49:28PM +0400, Nikolai Grigoriev wrote:
        > > thats not actually true. a link can set NewWindow true
        > > inside /A << ... >>
        >
        > I disagree. According to the spec [PDF 1.4 Reference, 8.5.3 "Action Types"],
        > /NewWindow is a field specific to "remote go-to actions" and "launch actions".
        > In XEP, HTML links are coded as "URI actions" that have no /NewWindow
        > parameter. I don't believe the former two action types are suitable to represent
        > a generic fo:basic-link: the first is applicable to PDF documents only, and the
        > second requires a hardwired executable name.

        My apologies, you are right. I was getting confused with links
        which open a new PDF file.

        --
        Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager