Re: [XSL-FO] Can fo:basic-link open new IE window from Adobe plugin?

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2002

      > When viewed in Internet Explorer's Adobe plugin, however, the
      > links always open in the same browser window. Is there a way to make
      > the link open a fresh window (like the target attribute in an HTML
      > anchor element)?

      This is a limitation of the PDF format, not of XEP. PDF specification
      does not provide any method to force a new browser window;
      we at RenderX cannot do much about it, sorry.

      Regards,
      Nikolai Grigoriev
      RenderX
    • Nikolai Grigoriev
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2002
        Sebastian,

        > thats not actually true. a link can set NewWindow true
        > inside /A << ... >>

        I disagree. According to the spec [PDF 1.4 Reference, 8.5.3 "Action Types"],
        /NewWindow is a field specific to "remote go-to actions" and "launch actions".
        In XEP, HTML links are coded as "URI actions" that have no /NewWindow
        parameter. I don't believe the former two action types are suitable to represent
        a generic fo:basic-link: the first is applicable to PDF documents only, and the
        second requires a hardwired executable name.

        Regards,
        Nikolai
      • Sebastian Rahtz
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2002

          --
          Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager
        • Sebastian Rahtz
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2002
            On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:49:28PM +0400, Nikolai Grigoriev wrote:
            > > thats not actually true. a link can set NewWindow true
            > > inside /A << ... >>
            >
            > I disagree. According to the spec [PDF 1.4 Reference, 8.5.3 "Action Types"],
            > /NewWindow is a field specific to "remote go-to actions" and "launch actions".
            > In XEP, HTML links are coded as "URI actions" that have no /NewWindow
            > parameter. I don't believe the former two action types are suitable to represent
            > a generic fo:basic-link: the first is applicable to PDF documents only, and the
            > second requires a hardwired executable name.

            My apologies, you are right. I was getting confused with links
            which open a new PDF file.

            --
            Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager