Relative block position but on the end of the page

  • procondatapcd
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2002
      I've 2 block-container inside my region-body. The first block-
      container is a table with a dynamic count of rows inside. The 2nd
      block is a summaryblock behind and should reside always on the bottom
      of the page, if possible on the first page but only if there are
      not too many rows inside the first block. How can i do that. Below
      the illustration of my problem

      1.st example:
      *********************
      * 1.st block row *
      * 1.st block row *
      * *
      * *
      * *
      * *
      * 2.nd block Summary*
      * 2.nd block Summary*
      * 2.nd block Summary*
      * page 1 of 1 *
      *********************

      2.nd example:
      ********************* *********************
      * 1.st block row * * 1.st block row *
      * 1.st block row * * *
      * 1.st block row * * *
      * 1.st block row * * *
      * 1.st block row * * *
      * 1.st block row * * *
      * 1.st block row * * 2.nd block Summary*
      * 1.st block row * * 2.nd block Summary*
      * 1.st block row * * 2.nd block Summary*
      * page 1 of 2 * * page 2 of 2 *
      ********************* *********************

      Thanks!!
      TOM
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2002
        At 2002-05-10 11:34 +0000, procondatapcd wrote:
        >I've 2 block-container inside my region-body.

        I answered this question two days ago on www-xsl-fo@... and it is copied
        below. The solution supplied has been tested with Antenna House and
        appears to give you exactly what you are asking for.

        .................. Ken

        At 2002-05-08 16:43 -0400, G. Ken Holman wrote:
        At 2002-05-08 11:15 -0400, Thomas Pelzer wrote:
        >I've 2 block-container inside my region-body. The first block-container is
        >a table with n-rows inside. The 2nd block is
        >a summaryblock and should reside always on the bottom of the page, if
        >possible on the first page but only if there are
        >not too many rows inside the first block. How can i do that.

        You can put the second block into a footnote and introduce an empty block
        after your first block with an empty footnote citation inline and your
        second block into the footnote body.

        Remember (and I sound like a broken record here) ... don't get hung up on
        the names of the constructs. These are layout constructs you can use to
        achieve the desired layout regardless of the source of the information
        being laid out. Even though you aren't working with footnotes, your
        comment "should reside always on the bottom of the page" should bring to
        mind that the footnote construct is a construct that performs this
        particular kind of layout.

        Of course the caveat in this case is that if you also have footnotes then I
        think you are out of luck.

        I hope this helps.

        ................ Ken

        <page-sequence master-reference="frame">

        <static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
        <block text-align="center"><page-number/></block>
        </static-content>

        <flow flow-name="frame-body" font-size="40pt">
        <block space-after="20pt">This is a test</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the first group</block>

        <block>
        <footnote>
        <inline/>
        <footnote-body>
        <block>Blocks of the second group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the second group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the second group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the second group</block>
        <block>Blocks of the second group</block>
        </footnote-body>
        </footnote>
        </block>

        </flow>

        </page-sequence>

        --
        Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
        - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
        articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        Next public training: 2002-05-06,07,09,10,13,15,20,
        - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31,08-05,27,30