Table header over multiple pages

  • Eelco den Heijer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002

      I have an XML file that I want to transform to PDF
      using FOP. All data is put into a table, and
      everything is OK, except for one thing: the table
      header is only put at the first page (which is why it
      is called a table 'header', right?). Is there a way to
      repeat the table header (with all column names in
      bold) at the top of each page?

      Otherwise, can someone point me to a smart work
      around?

      Thanks in advance,
      Eelco

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Jeffrey A. Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002

        Try this:

        <fo:table-header table-omit-header-at-break="false">

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2002
          At 2002-05-01 11:18 -0500, Jeffrey A. Stewart wrote:
          ><fo:table-header table-omit-header-at-break="false">

          That is the initial value for table-omit-header-at-break= so the problem
          must be elsewhere.

          I wonder, perhaps, the original poster is unfamiliar with <table-header>
          and is just putting all rows into <table-body>. I just tested
          of the next page.

          I hope this helps.

          --
          Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
          - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

          ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
          ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
          XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
          articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
          Next public training: 2002-05-06,07,09,10,13,15,20,
          - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31,08-05,27,30