SVG and XForms - a marriage made in heaven?

  • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2001
      This post is largely by way of possibly bringing separate groups of
      developers together.

      SVG developers may, in the main, not yet be up to speed on the potential
      implications of the XForms proposal at W3C. SVG developers who are interested
      in this will find information at
      http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/

      The current XForms Working Draft, explicitly recognises that XForms will be
      embedded within SVG documents (among other XML document types). XForms could
      provide powerful and useful interactivity in SVG-based documents or web sites.

      XForms developers may be interested to know that there is a working prototype
      SVG-only web site accessible at
      http://www.svgspider.com/default.svg

      There are specific technical issues about accessing SVG-only web sites at
      present. Instructions are given at the end of the email.

      XForms developers / software companies who are looking for a test bed to test
      XForms prototypes in a working SVG web site such as www.svgspider.com may
      contact me at the email address from which this email was sent.

      I hope that those interested in creatively combining these cutting edge
      technologies can interact and move forward to realise the synergy which,
      together, XForms and SVG can provide.

      Andrew Watt
      Instructions:
      To access www.SVGSpider.com/default.svg
      you will need the Adobe SVG Viewer version 1. The site is designed at present
      to work primarily with that version.

      It may be downloaded at www.adobe.com/svg/

      At present version 2 of the Adobe Viewer is in beta. Once Version 2 is
      released I will update the SVGSpider.com web site to accomodate the
      differences in handling of XLinks between SVG Viewer versions 1 and 2.

      Internet Explorer 5.5 works well with the site. A few problems arise with
      Netscape. If using Netscape 6 the Adobe Viewer does not automatically plugin.

      It is NOT possible to access the site using the URL www.svgspider.com

      The XLink implementation in SVG Viewer Version 1 causes an error in IE5.5
    • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com