RE: [XSL-FO] span multiple columns?

  • LEvensen@iKnowMed.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Right, but when you say 'how many columns the cell takes up', do you mean
      the area in the cell (i.e., block(s) or 'children'of the cell) -because
      then, I am under the impression that that doesn't span.
      I'm hoping someone else may answer here, too! In my particular experience,
      cell 'contents' don't span, and if I don't specify as many 'cells' as
      'columns' in a given row, I get an error.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        > It looks like "n-columns-spanned" is defining how many columns inherit the
        > PROPERTIES of the fo:table-column element.

        The property is spelled "number-columns-spanned".

        > Right, but when you say 'how many columns the cell takes up', do you mean
        > the area in the cell (i.e., block(s) or 'children'of the cell) -because
        > then, I am under the impression that that doesn't span.

        They should. I dare suggest you to look at
        http://www.renderx.com/testcases.html - there are some tests on tables
        functionality, including one specifically designed to test cells spanning
        multiple rows/columns (table_spans.fo).

        > I'm hoping someone else may answer here, too! In my particular experience,
        > cell 'contents' don't span, and if I don't specify as many 'cells' as
        > 'columns' in a given row, I get an error.

        Probably your FO formatter does not support this functionality. By the spec, the
        number of cells in a row need not be equal to the number of column specifiers
        (that may be absent at all).

        Regards,
        Nikolai
      • Pouliot, Brian R.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
          Thanks. I tried it.....FOP doesn't support it. You have to explicity set
          the column size.

          Oh well,

          Brian