Problem with Fop and images

  • mika_ioc
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16 10:39 PM
      Hi

      I am trying to create a pdf-file which would contain an image, but I'm
      having some difficulties with the <fo:external-graphic> -tag. I have
      read quite a lot of messages concerning this issue, and have tried
      just about every way of writing the images location I have found, and
      always the result is one of these two:

      1) The file prints out nicely, but without the picture
      or
      2) I get an error message "The file is damaged and could not be
      repaired."

      I have tried this with both jpg and gif files, and I am running fop
      0.20.3 as a servlet on Tomcat 4.0.3.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Mika
    • Dominic_Botham
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 8:56 AM
        use this mika
        <fo:external-graphic width="10in"height="10in" src="'file/images/abc.gif'"/>
        this should definitely work..

        Dominic Botham
        ________________________
        GE-GDC, Satyam
        Tel:  +91-40-784-6101 Ext. 5743
        "One ship drives east and another drives west
        With the selfsame winds that blow.
        ’Tis the set of the sails and not the gales
        Which tells us the way to go.."

        I am trying to create a pdf-file which would contain an image, but I'm
        having some difficulties with the <fo:external-graphic> -tag. I have
        read quite a lot of messages concerning this issue, and have tried
        just about every way of writing the images location I have found, and
        always the result is one of these two:

        1) The file prints out nicely, but without the picture
        or
        2) I get an error message "The file is damaged and could not be
        repaired."

        I have tried this with both jpg and gif files, and I am running fop
        0.20.3 as a servlet on Tomcat 4.0.3.

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Mika

      • Mauricio Jezierski
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 8:19 AM
          Hi Mika,
          I don't speak English very well.. but I will try help you..

          Example Code...
          <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:block text-align="end">
          <fo:external-graphic src="C:\logo.jpg" width="30mm" height="15mm">
          </fo:external-graphic>
          </fo:block>
          </fo:table-cell>

          Regards