Re: Proportional table cells like in HTML

  • hian0015
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2002
      HI.

      Unfortunately, this doesn't help because during the generation I
      don't know wheather the content of each cell is long or short, so I
      can't specify the proportion in the table-column.
      My wish is, that the processor automatically sees, wheather the
      content is long or short (like a html-interpreter)

      Nevertheless thanks, Andreas
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2002
        At 2002-04-10 16:13 +0000, Andreas <hiltschi@...> wrote:
        >Unfortunately, this doesn't help because during the generation I
        >don't know wheather the content of each cell is long or short, so I
        >can't specify the proportion in the table-column.
        >My wish is, that the processor automatically sees, wheather the
        >content is long or short (like a html-interpreter)

        I'm sorry I read too much into your requirements ... but what you are
        asking for is the default behaviour.

        I just created the test below and have attached a screen capture of the
        interpretation of the file.

        I hope this helps.

        ....................... Ken

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!--table.fo-->
        <!DOCTYPE root [ <!ENTITY % pages SYSTEM "pages.ent"> %pages;
        <!ENTITY nbsp " ">]>
        <root font-family="Times" font-size="14pt"
        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

        <layout-master-set>
        <simple-page-master master-name="frame"
        page-height="&page-height;" page-width="&page-width;"
        margin-top="&margin-top;" margin-bottom="&margin-bottom;"
        margin-left="&margin-left;" margin-right="&margin-right;">
        <region-body region-name="frame-body"
        margin-top="&before-extent;" margin-bottom="&after-extent;"/>
        <region-before extent="&before-extent;"
        region-name="frame-before"/>
        <region-after extent="&after-extent;"
        region-name="frame-after"/>
        </simple-page-master>
        <page-sequence-master master-name="frame-pages">
        <single-page-master-reference master-reference="frame"/>
        </page-sequence-master>
        </layout-master-set>

        <page-sequence master-reference="frame-pages">

        <flow flow-name="frame-body">

        <block>First test</block>
        <block>Hello</block>
        <block>This is a test of a long cell</block>
        <block>Second test</block>
        <block></block>
        <block>The cell at left is empty</block>
        <block>Third test</block>
        <block> </block>
        <block>The cell at left has an &nbsp;</block>
        <block>Fourth test</block>
        <block-container width="1em"/>
        <block>The cell at left has a block container of 1em width</block>

        </flow></page-sequence></root>
      • hian0015
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2002
          Hi.

          I have tested your source and I had the same result as before. I
          think I have to test the antennahouse Transformator instead of the
          one of renderx. Thank you for your help. I will post my results.

          Regards,

          Andreas
        • hian0015
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
            Hi.

            With the FO-Generator of Antennahouse it works like I want! It
            generates proprotinal table cells depending on the content.
            The Formatter of RenderX does not do this by default.

            Bye.