Re: Print one line both left- and right-bound?

  • ralf_folkerts
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
      > At 2002-04-04 08:49 +0000, ralf_folkerts wrote:
      > >on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
      > >print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
      > >number bound to the right (end) border.
      > >
      > >However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
      > >I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
      > >date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
      > >second column.
      >
      > Why would you consider this "dirty"? ... if a formatting object
      gives you
      > the layout you need, it doesn't matter what the name of the formatting
      > object is.
      >
      > In addition to using a two-column table, it happens there are two other
      > alternatives in XSLFO for your specific requirement of pushing two
      short
      > strings of text to the opposite ends of a single line:
      >
      > (1) - use a single line block with the last line justified, then put a
      > leader between the two text strings
      >
      > (2) - use a single item list with the opposite alignment in each of
      the two
      > blocks as you did in each of the two table columns.

      Ahh, thanx for those hints! I already tried the leader but the
      list-approach sounds great! I'll give it a try :-)

      Thanx again!
      _ralf_

      > I hope this helps.
      >
      > ...................... Ken
      >

      > --
      > Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
      > - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002
      >
      > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
      > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
      > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
      > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
      > ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      > XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
      > articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      > Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
      > - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31
    • Ciprian Stoica
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
        Hello all

        I saw that the class javax.xml.transform.Transformer of Xalan contains the
        method setURIResolver(URIResolver resolver).
        I have embedded FOP in a java application and I couldn't found a similar
        method in the case of FOP. So, when I insert an image like this
        <fo:external-graphic src="...URI...">, I get no image because FOP doesn't
        know how to handle the URI. Instead I get the message "No protocol : null".
        Do you know a similar method for setting the URI resolver for FOP or do you
        know another solution for this problem?

        Thanks
        Cipris
        www.memiq.com