ANN: Second Edition of XSLFO Tutorial Materials (XSL-FO List)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2002
      Announce: Second Edition of XSLFO Tutorial Materials

      Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
      Second Edition - 2002-04-05 - ISBN 1-894049-09-8
      Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      / 361 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
      / / soft-copy of included examples, and an
      / / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
      / / Free 175-page download preview excerpt.

      This revised Second Edition again contains all formatting objects of the
      W3C XSLFO 1.0 Recommendation with additional text, examples, twice as many
      diagrams, and new content based on feedback and requests for additions from
      existing customers. It has been four months since the last edition.

      The free download preview excerpt (in both A4 and US-letter page sizes) has
      also been updated to reflect the content of the new edition. If you have
      downloaded the earlier free preview excerpt, you may wish to pick up a new
      copy.

      As with our other editions of our electronically distributed training
      material, the purchase of any edition of any electronic publication
      entitles the customer to all future editions of the same material at no
      charge. Future editions will continue to track changes in the
      Recommendations, therefore, your one purchase (there are no continual fees)
      will always be up-to-date with these W3C technologies. Also, you can
      influence how the material evolves by asking us to consider changes you'd
      like to see.

      Information can be obtained from the link below to the "Book Sales" section
      on the Crane web site (also the location of the free download preview excerpt).

      We hope you find this useful and we look forward to your feedback.

      .............. Ken

      p.s. Attention existing customers: You should have received your update
      notice by now, but some email addresses are bouncing. If you have not
      received your notice then I need to update my records with new addresses
      ... please forward a copy of your receipt in order to obtain the latest
      username/password for download. Any bounced addresses from this release
      will be removed from future announcements while we await word from you.

      p.p.s. Derivatives of this material are being licensed by companies and
      training organizations around the world to deliver to their staff and their
      customers; see the bottom of our Course Schedule page for a list of current
      licensees and for our own deliveries of this material in the local Ottawa,
      Canada area.

      p.p.p.s. Customers of site-wide and world-wide purchases are entitled to
      free copies, just as the individual purchases, but only your company
      designated contact has been notified of the update. It is up to your
      company contact to obtain the copy to be posted on your internal
      networks. There is no limit to the number of staff members (not your
      customers, please!) who can obtain a copy through the site-wide and
      world-wide licenses.

      p.p.p.p.s. Don't forget we have other electronic and paper books:

      Paper (available (hopefully!) from your local bookstore):

      Definitive XSLT and XPath
      First Edition - 2001-12-10 - ISBN 0-13-065196-6
      Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      Prentice Hall PTR - 393 pages
      (a print-only rendition of the Ninth Edition of
      Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath;
      this does not qualify for free electronic updates)
      http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-info.htm
      Sample: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-sample.htm

      Electronic (available from our web site):

      Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
      (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
      Tenth Edition - 2001-12-06 - ISBN 1-894049-08-X
      Copyright (c) 2001 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      / 394 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
      / / soft-copy of included examples, and an
      / / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
      / / Free 140-page download preview excerpt.

      cc: (sorry for the duplicates; we know many people subscribe to multiple
      lists, but we also suspect there are members on only one list who we need
      to reach)
      XSL List
      XSL-FO List
      XSL-FO-WWW
      XML-DEV
      XML-L
      XML-DOC
      XML-EDI
      fop-user
      comp.text.xml
      microsoft.public.xml
      microsoft.public.xsl

      --
      Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
      - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
      articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
      - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31