Re: [XSL-FO] Print one line both left- and right-bound?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 5:05 AM
      At 2002-04-04 08:49 +0000, ralf_folkerts wrote:
      >on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
      >print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
      >number bound to the right (end) border.
      >
      >However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
      >I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
      >date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
      >second column.

      Why would you consider this "dirty"? ... if a formatting object gives you
      the layout you need, it doesn't matter what the name of the formatting
      object is.

      In addition to using a two-column table, it happens there are two other
      alternatives in XSLFO for your specific requirement of pushing two short
      strings of text to the opposite ends of a single line:

      (1) - use a single line block with the last line justified, then put a
      leader between the two text strings

      (2) - use a single item list with the opposite alignment in each of the two
      blocks as you did in each of the two table columns.

      I hope this helps.

      ...................... Ken

      --
      Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
      - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
      articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
      - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31
    • ralf_folkerts
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 5:09 AM
        --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
        > At 2002-04-04 08:49 +0000, ralf_folkerts wrote:
        > >on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
        > >print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
        > >number bound to the right (end) border.
        > >
        > >However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
        > >I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
        > >date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
        > >second column.
        >
        > Why would you consider this "dirty"? ... if a formatting object
        gives you
        > the layout you need, it doesn't matter what the name of the formatting
        > object is.
        >
        > In addition to using a two-column table, it happens there are two other
        > alternatives in XSLFO for your specific requirement of pushing two
        short
        > strings of text to the opposite ends of a single line:
        >
        > (1) - use a single line block with the last line justified, then put a
        > leader between the two text strings
        >
        > (2) - use a single item list with the opposite alignment in each of
        the two
        > blocks as you did in each of the two table columns.

        Ahh, thanx for those hints! I already tried the leader but the
        list-approach sounds great! I'll give it a try :-)

        Thanx again!
        _ralf_

        > I hope this helps.
        >
        > ...................... Ken
        >

        > --
        > Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
        > - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002
        >
        > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
        > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
        > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
        > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
        > ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        > XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
        > articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        > Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
        > - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31
      • Ciprian Stoica
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10 1:42 AM
          Hello all

          I saw that the class javax.xml.transform.Transformer of Xalan contains the
          method setURIResolver(URIResolver resolver).
          I have embedded FOP in a java application and I couldn't found a similar
          method in the case of FOP. So, when I insert an image like this
          <fo:external-graphic src="...URI...">, I get no image because FOP doesn't
          know how to handle the URI. Instead I get the message "No protocol : null".
          Do you know a similar method for setting the URI resolver for FOP or do you
          know another solution for this problem?

          Thanks
          Cipris
          www.memiq.com