Print one line both left- and right-bound?

  • ralf_folkerts
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002

      on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
      print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
      number bound to the right (end) border.

      However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
      I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
      date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
      second column.

      However, I'm sure there must be a better way to achieve this?!

      Btw: I'm using Apache FOP!

      MTIA!
      Regards,
      _ralf_
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        At 2002-04-04 08:49 +0000, ralf_folkerts wrote:
        >on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
        >print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
        >number bound to the right (end) border.
        >
        >However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
        >I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
        >date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
        >second column.

        Why would you consider this "dirty"? ... if a formatting object gives you
        the layout you need, it doesn't matter what the name of the formatting
        object is.

        In addition to using a two-column table, it happens there are two other
        alternatives in XSLFO for your specific requirement of pushing two short
        strings of text to the opposite ends of a single line:

        (1) - use a single line block with the last line justified, then put a
        leader between the two text strings

        (2) - use a single item list with the opposite alignment in each of the two
        blocks as you did in each of the two table columns.

        I hope this helps.

        ...................... Ken

        --
        Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
        - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
        ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
        XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
        articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
        Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
        - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31
      • ralf_folkerts
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
          --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
          > At 2002-04-04 08:49 +0000, ralf_folkerts wrote:
          > >on Reports I'd like to print a footer-line that should output the
          > >print-date and -time bound to the left (start) border and a page-
          > >number bound to the right (end) border.
          > >
          > >However, I didn't manage to do using this "clean"; the only solution
          > >I found was, to put a two-column-Table there, print the print-
          > >date/time in the first column and the page-number, end-aligned to the
          > >second column.
          >
          > Why would you consider this "dirty"? ... if a formatting object
          gives you
          > the layout you need, it doesn't matter what the name of the formatting
          > object is.
          >
          > In addition to using a two-column table, it happens there are two other
          > alternatives in XSLFO for your specific requirement of pushing two
          short
          > strings of text to the opposite ends of a single line:
          >
          > (1) - use a single line block with the last line justified, then put a
          > leader between the two text strings
          >
          > (2) - use a single item list with the opposite alignment in each of
          the two
          > blocks as you did in each of the two table columns.

          Ahh, thanx for those hints! I already tried the leader but the
          list-approach sounds great! I'll give it a try :-)

          Thanx again!
          _ralf_

          > I hope this helps.
          >
          > ...................... Ken
          >

          > --
          > Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
          > - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002
          >
          > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
          > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
          > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
          > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
          > ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
          > XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
          > articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
          > Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
          > - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31
        • Ciprian Stoica
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
            Hello all

            I saw that the class javax.xml.transform.Transformer of Xalan contains the
            method setURIResolver(URIResolver resolver).
            I have embedded FOP in a java application and I couldn't found a similar
            method in the case of FOP. So, when I insert an image like this
            <fo:external-graphic src="...URI...">, I get no image because FOP doesn't
            know how to handle the URI. Instead I get the message "No protocol : null".
            Do you know a similar method for setting the URI resolver for FOP or do you
            know another solution for this problem?

            Thanks
            Cipris
            www.memiq.com