RE: [XSL-FO] side subject- image magic with pdf

  • Bryan Rasmussen
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2002
      RE: [XSL-FO] Re: FOP as a Servlet - Images won't display!
      Oleg wrote: I've tried ImageMagick (its Java port JMagick actually) some weeks ago and I was succesfull to get pdf2tiff transformation in a servlet. What I  remember is installing of GhostScript, adding GhostScript's bin directory to the PATH, adding ImagemAgick's directory to PATH and MAGICK_HOME  and a great battle with compiling JMagick for Windows.
      [Bryan Rasmussen] Thanks; I think it's probably a GhostScript problem like you indicate; I'm doing my stuff from the commandline so hopefully I won't have to worry about JMagick. :)
    • alzoid69
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2005
        You need to specify a Base Directory because FOP needs it to display
        external resourses. You can do it the the fop configuration file
        {fop-dir}/conf/userconfig.xml. Or you can do it with Java code (my
        prefrence)

        Here is my code in the doGet():

        ServletContext servletContext = getServletConfig().getServletContext();

        String appPath = servletContext.getRealPath(""); //root of web app
        org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("baseDir",appPath);

        My FOP looks like this:

        <fo:external-graphic src="file:images/logo.jpg"/>

        Hope this helps.

        Allan