Displaying Paragraphs Side-by-Side

  • johncreery
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2002
      I'd like to display two paragraphs side-by-side, but can't seem to
      get it to work.

      In message #1325, Ken Holman wrote:

      The <inline> can only contain inline-level constructs ...
      <inline-container> must contain block-level constructs, but itself is
      an
      inline-level construct, so you could have the following:

      <block>
      <inline-container>
      </inline-container>
      <inline-container>
      </inline-container>
      </block>

      So I tried:

      <block space-before="1em">

      <inline-container>
      <block start-indent="0.0in" end-indent="3.5in">This is english. This
      is english. This is english. This is english. This is english. This
      is english. This is english. This is english.</block>
      </inline-container>

      <inline-container>
      <block start-indent="3.5in" end-indent="0.0in">C'est le francais.
      C'est le francais. C'est le francais. C'est le francais. C'est le
      francais. C'est le francais. C'est le francais. C'est le francais.
      </block>
      </inline-container>

      </block>

      But this doesn't work!