Keeps and breaks status?

  • Anders Svensson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm trying to solve problems regarding page-breaks in FOP, and as far as I can tell the only thing that might do the trick is if the keep-with* properties worked in FOP. I have been searching the internet for answers and apparently FOP developers have been working on it for some time (I saw references to development in this area from January 2001...). Now my question is: does anyone know the status on these problems? I know the FOP web pages say the keep-with-next property handling is "broken", but are there ongoing efforts to solve it? Also, will the other keep properties be supported any time soon? (I'd help out myself, but unfortunately I'm not a java developer...)

      My specific problem in brief: I need certain portions of text marked as "textblocks" in the source XML (each usually a few paragraphs long) to always stay intact instead of being split up when a page break occurs. I do not simply want each of them on a separate page though, which could have been solved with the break-before attribute. I'm not even sure exactly how I would implement this even with the keep-with* attribute, but I'm guessing that would be the best bet...

      Grateful for any information about this!

      Regards,

      Anders