Dynamic page-breaks

  • Anders Svensson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 7:13 AM
      Hi all,

      I have a problem in a project where we need to publish XML as PDF and handle page breaks in a certain way. Now, I would like to be able to let FOP insert dynamic page breaks as necessary, but the problem is that the publishing format used in the project specifies that each time a page breaks in the middle of a section, the page should specify at the bottom that it continues on the next page. Also, the next page should begin with the line "[Title], continued from previous page".

      Moreover, I was wondering how FOP handles page breaks for tables. If we're in the middle of a table when the page needs to break, how is the table broken and is it possible to have the above text inserted at these dynamic page breaks somehow?

      I hope I have explained the problem clearly enough.

      Best regards,

      Anders
    • Bryan Rasmussen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2002
        anyone came across this bug in FOP 0.20.1 before, I have a number of links
        like the following
        <fo:basic-link
        internal-destination="d0e132">fileheaderblockodd1</fo:basic-link></fo:block>

        which points to this <fo:block width="7.5in" height="2in"
        line-height="35pt" text-align="left" background-color="#000099"
        color="white" font-size="10pt" font-family="Courier" letter-spacing="2"
        padding-after="3" padding-before="5" space-after.optimum="2pt"
        id="d0e132">...</fo:block>

        I manage to process this pages fine if I don't have the link, but as soon as
        I do I get the fatal error id d0e132 already exists in document, even though
        a search in the .fo only finds it twice, in the aforementioned two

        in fact I just removed the basic-link and every goes fine.