Re: [XSL-FO] how to break the flow?! ;-)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2002
      At 2002-03-22 15:42 +0100, mr. green wrote:
      >i want to create a letter-document like this one:
      >
      >1. page:
      >-head
      >-text-body (including dynamic tables)
      >
      >2. (ff.) page
      >- NO head (or at least a small one) !

      I see in your example you haven't used customized names for the regions and
      that you are relying on the default region names.

      To get different behaviours in different regions of the same page sequence,
      you will need to give names to the regions and then address the regions by
      their names.

      For each named region, you will supply the static content applicable to
      that region and that static content will only get used when the pagination
      triggers the page geometries that utilize the given named regions.

      Also, you have the option to put the page master references into a single
      page sequence so as to not trigger a page break between the two groups of
      information ... I wonder if perhaps you are utilizing two page sequences
      because you are unaware that the flow can all go into a single page
      sequence that references a set of page geometries that differs from first
      page to the subsequent pages.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming: 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSLFO: June 17-21, 2002
      - : 3-days XML Information Modeling: July 31-August 2, 2002

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT & XPath
      ISBN 1-894049-07-1 Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
      XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
      articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
      Next public training: 2002-04-08,09,10,11,05-06,07,09,10,13,20,
      - 06-04,07,10,11,13,14,17,20,07-31