Re: New Group for Document Generation

  • carbonejim
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21 11:35 AM
      It appears that the xml-doc group discusses creating well formed XML
      documents including XML generating tools. The document generation
      group will be focused in generating end user documents like Adobe
      PDF's, MS Word, HTML including tools and techniques to reach that
      conclusion. However, there will be a good chance that XML is the
      intermediary format used before the generation of one of these end
      user formats but that is not required.

      I thought I saw a need for this new group from my participation of
      the XML-FO user group. Many messages there are specific to PDF
      document converters like FOP, XEP or Antenna House instead of XML-
      FO. So if you have any questions about those products, PDF
      Generation API's, RTF, Word, HTML, etc.- please check out this new
      resource.

      Thanks,
      Jim

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
      > At 2002-03-21 18:16 +0000, carbonejim wrote:
      > >I just started a new group for document generation. I am working
      on
      > >a project that evaluates many different methods to generated MS
      Word,