RE: [XSL-FO] fop and external graphic

  • Giannetti, Fabio
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 14 6:16 AM
      Hi Bryan,
      try to use <fo:external-graphic src="file:./deleuran01.jpg"/>

      Fabio

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Ciprian Stoica
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 14 6:17 AM
        Hello Bryan

        Try this:
        <fo:external-graphic src="file:deleuran01.jpg"/>

        It worked for me.

        Cipris
      • Bryan Rasmussen
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 14 6:35 AM
          many thanks to everyone that replied, I would never have thought to use the
          file protocol to refer to the graphic. saved my sanity :)
        • TEA Lanham, Kevin
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 14 7:24 AM
            RE: [XSL-FO] "wysiwyg" XML editor

            We've used Frame and now we use Epic. My point would be that one of the reasons we moved to SGML and XML was to split the content and the formatting. The world of desktop publishing came and took many hours of writer time away from content and focused it on format. By pulling the WYSIWYG out, and putting it in a style sheet, you leave more time for getting the content right for every writer in the department. The style sheet person can make alterations to the format, as needed, but the writers don't have to worry about it.

            Given that separating the content and the format is one of the major uses, should it be surprising that we aren't finding many WYSIWYG applications out there that effective combine the content and the format?

            Just my two cents.

            Kevin

          • sara.mitchell@ps.ge.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 14 10:41 AM
              If you don't need print (at least right away), there
              is also XMetaL from SoftQuad. The "wysiwyg" is not as
              sophisticated as Epic, for example.

              But the answer to your surprise is fairly simple.
              XML for use as an integration medium (i.e., in
              software or data uses) is "big" but on the information
              side (a.k.a. for human consumption), it still hasn't
              quite gotten "huge". Too many companies think all
              you need is something like Word and don't see a
              reason to move their information assets to anything
              more powerful despite all the "knowlegde management"
              buzz.

              Sara Mitchell

              P.S. There *are* several editors that play more to the
              integration/data users where content isn't paragraphs,
              long sections etc., but instead is short snippets.
              But WYSIWYG they are *not*.
              [snipped From: Anders Svensson]